Sunday, September 25, 2016

Post #3: Purgatory

Stanza Analysis of:

Purgatory by Unknown author (2016)

"How long before I realize that this whole time
My problems have all been in my head
and that I've been trapped in there with them.
This is my conscious purgatory."

Stanza Analysis:

1. This is a very short poem that has one stanza that consists of four lines of text. The speaker is reflecting upon himself that all of the problems he's been having are all just in his head and that he has gotten lost in them, hence the lines "My problems have all been in my head and that I've been trapped in there with them". What he's also saying is the fact that he knows it and lives through it, to no avail because he lives in a "conscious purgatory" meaning that he's in a constant state of limbo with his problems.

 

Sources: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Carracci-Purgatory.jpg/300px-Carracci-Purgatory.jpg
 If there are any poems that you would like for me to do a stanza analysis on, just send an email to me at chrisgomez516@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment